Phoenix Skyharbor Web Cams
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport often referred to as the PHX airport is Arizona’s largest and busiest commercial airports in the United States offering both domestic and international flights.
The airport which is located just a few miles southeast of downtown Phoenix, in Maricopa County serves as the domestic hub for both Hawaiian and Mexican flights served by American Airlines, US Airways and Southwest Airlines.
Getting to the airport is quite easy due to the many forms of available public transport which include an airport service which allows access to 44th Street as well as the Washington Valley Metro Light Rail station from Mesa, Phoenix, and Tempe. There is also a city bus which travels to the Sky Harbor airport as well as commute by way of taxi, limo, or shuttle, to and from the airport.
Persons who choose to make arrangement to be privately picked up from the airport can have their transport wait in one of the three free cell phone areas while collecting their luggage. Otherwise, if you choose to drive yourself to the Phoenix airport, there are several available PHX parking options to choose from and include, short-term parking, long-term parking in the economy garage, economy uncovered lots, and terminal garages. Passengers can also make reservations by way of Expedia.com to obtain a Phoenix airport car rental for their trip.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport has carried out a number of upgrades to improve its operation of both domestic and international routes. Some of these renovations include the construction of the first phase of an automatic Sky Train system which was finished in 2013 to provide a link from the 44th Street and Washington to the East Economy parking area and Terminal 4. Future developments scheduled for the airport include the second phase of the Phoenix Sky Train connections to Terminals 2 and 3 as well as the Rental Car Centre by 2020.
Information desks are located at all terminals and include a Travelers Aid desk, which operates within the chapel on level 3 of Terminal 4. There are also several ‘navigator volunteers’, who assist passengers with directions as well as provide other information.
Transfer between terminals:
Shuttle buses can be used to commute in-between the terminals as well as the West Economy Parking. Additionally, passengers can use the the Sky Train to connect to Terminal 4 and the economy parking area as well as the metro station.
Facts About the Phoenix Harbor International Airport
- In 2012 the airport was ranked as the 10th busiest airport in the United States handling over 1,200 flights daily and serving over 40,000 passengers.
- The Phoenix Sky Harbor is the fourth airport built in Phoenix since 1928.
- The United Kingdom flag carrier British Airways is currently the only airline offering a transatlantic passenger flight with nonstop service to the London-Heathrow Airport by way of Boeing 747.
- The Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport has over 120 aircraft gates in three Terminals, (2, 3 and 4). Terminal 2 has 9 gates numbering 1-13, two additional gates C and D and three parking slots. Terminal 3 has 17 gates and is divided into south concourses with gates 2-9 and a north concourse which houses gates 15-26. Future developments for Terminal 3 include combining both Terminal 2 and 3 and update the facilities for a proposed brand new Terminal 3 South as a 15 gate, linear terminal by 2020.
- Terminal 4 opened in 1990 has over 90 gates and is divided into seven secured satellite concourses. Terminal 4 layout is divided into four floors and includes a baggage claim and ground transportation on the ground floor, a passenger drop-off and ticket counter on the second floor, a security and post security passenger checkpoint, gift shops, dining options as well as the PHX Sky Train on the third floor with floors 4 through to 9 used for parking facilities accessible by elevator.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport Webcams
Phoenix Superstition Mountains Webcam
The Superstition Mountains located 31.9 miles or just a 35 drive from the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is designated a part of Arizona’s Wilderness Area. The webcam which was originally added on April 2007 provides online viewers with a view looking east from downtown Mesa showing the Apache Junction community between the webcam and the mountain vista.
The Peterson (historical): Interstate 10 west of Baseline Road Traffic Cam
The Peterson (historical): Interstate 10 Freeway Camera North Bound 1-10 and Baseline Road south west of the airport and updated every minute shows the traffic and weather conditions along the 1-10 highway below the airport.
Phoenix South Mountain Webcam
The Phoenix South Mountain Webcam taken from the North Mountain provides online viewers with an view overlooking the Phoenix downtown skyline with a backdrop of the South Mountains in the distance.
By watching this webcam you may occasionally western flights arriving and departing the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport which is located southeast of the webcam. The webcam is updated every five minutes can be viewed by clicking on the link provided below.
AIRPORT WEBCAM TAGS
- sky harbor airport webcam
- phoenix airport cam
- phoenix live camera feeds